Photography provided by Jared Chambers
Please join us by signing the Bedford Promise and helping to spread the word in our community and beyond.
By signing the Bedford Promise, you agree to hold off on giving your child a Smartphone for as long as possible with an ideal of waiting at least until 8th grade. Please complete a different form for each child.
SPREAD THE WORD
There's no better way to make an impact than to become an active advocate yourself. Click below for a sample email to send to friends, but feel free to edit to make it your own.
What does signing the pledge mean?
- You will not give your child their own personal data device until at least 8th grade.
- You CAN give them one of the many other devices we recommend that allows communication with your child (and even tracking capability). See our Smartphone Alternatives Page.
- You CAN sign up for one child even if an older child already has their own data device.
- You CAN allow your child to interface with data at home or in trusted environments.
- Signing the pledge is an intention... if life requires you to deviate from your intention you can always be removed from the pledge.